Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Darling

You looked so tired, you looked so weak,
deep in my heart I knew you were sick.
One day you were laughing and in such good health
we were together, we didn't need wealth.
We used to go dancing, have so much fun,
we used to go fishing and sit in the sun.
The last time we went away, we went so far,
we drove to places everywhere in our car.
When we returned you didn't feel well
you tried to walk but suddenly you fell.
Oh God what has happened, have we come to an end?
Will you ever get better, will you ever be on the mend?
We have so much to live for you and me,
I know now my darling this will never be.
I know you are going and leaving me soon,
we will never walk again under the silvery moon.
I can feel it in my soul you are slipping away,
my heart has been broken, you are not to stay.
I'll try to be brave, I won't let you see me cry,
I will hold you my darling until the time has passed by.
© 2007 CJ Roccisano

No comments:

Post a Comment