Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mama

My beautiful Mama, my true friend
to me you were heaven send.
You were my angel when I was small,
you picked me up when I had a fall.
You kissed my pains away so quick,
you stayed by my bedside when I was sick.
If I was sad you would make me laugh,
you taught me about God up above.
You told me stories when I went to sleep,
you made sure in safety I would keep.
When I had dreams which you could not make come true
you explained in a gentle voice that one day they might do.
I felt so safe when I sat on your knees,
I felt so loved and in such peace.
I kissed your soft skin and held your hand
when we walked together through the sand.
Oh God what have become of those days?
I wished we could go back in all those ways.
My Mama if you knew how I miss you so,
I adored you and never wanted to let you go
but you went to heaven with a broken heart
because when Dad was gone you fell apart.
I tried to understand why you left me alone
but you were tired and you finally went home,
the home where now you are at peace
where the love of our Lord will never cease.
My memories of you are everywhere,
wherever I am you are always there.
© 2007 C J Roccisano

No comments:

Post a Comment