Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Sister, My Friend.

My sister, my friend, you always cared,
everything you had, you always shared,
you looked after me, since I was small,
I was so little, to me you looked so tall.
We went through a wartime, you kept me from harm,
you never lost your cool, you kept your charm,
you knew I was frightened,of any bad storm,
if I was shivering from the cold, you kept me warm.
When we grew up, we moved to a land far away,
but we never parted, we did not stray.
Then we got married, we drifted apart,
we both made changes, we made a new start,
we never lost contact, we wrote to each other,
then we lost dad, a year later our mother.
I had moved back to where you are now,
I will never forsake you, and that is my vow.
Now we are old, and gone quite grey,
but you are still my best friend.  I'll always say,
whoever goes first to our father, up above,
the other will be waiting, with all  their love,
we will be together again, you, me, mum and dad,
so please my dear friend, my loving sister, please don't be sad.
© 2007 CJ Roccisano



No comments:

Post a Comment