Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Life

All is dark, the skies are not blue
the great depression is getting a hold on you,
the mind cannot comprehend what's happening out there
the world has gone crazy, no help anywhere.

My thoughts are so sad, my heart's in pain
to know I've got to go on living is driving me insane.
Where is the peace we so expect?
Where is the glory and happiness to effect?
The mind and heart cannot take any more
the meanness and darkness at my heart it tore.
When will I be delivered from this suffering of mine?
When will all change and the sun again shine?
When will the peace in my heart and mind return?
When will my body and soul ever learn?
When will all this darkness and pain go away?
I hope one day soon and goodness will stay
but until then I will suffer in silent pain
and hope that my future will soon be peaceful again.

© 2007 CJ Roccisano



1 comment:

  1. So sad but once again very interesting and well written. I love following your poems Nellie. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete